Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Crowned Prince

What level of maturity does one have achieve before he can arbitrarily search out and secure a dentist? As a child I recall hiding on Saturday mornings when I was supposed to be going to the dentist. I'd literally miss half of my appointments that way and the fact that my father overslept on Saturdays! Now I find myself in need of replacing my former dentist, Frank. Frank was an asshole. His dental work was okay, his personality sucked though. When my wife left me, Frank took great pleasure in joking about it. I was certain that I had made several payments on Franks big boat that he mentioned to me often. The feather that broke the camel's back was, when I needed to get a tooth worked on immediately after breaking a tooth that was cutting my cheek every time I bit down and Frank charged me an extra $200 to come in on a Friday, a day that he liked to take off. When I mentioned it to him years later, he told me that I was the idiot that accepted it and paid it! That was the last time I saw Frank. Oh, here's another thing Frank did to piss me off. He'd ask me if I'd prefer to see the dental hygienist or him for my teeth cleaning? I explained that either were okay. He said if he sees me, then I have to pay for an exam too. I chose the dental hygienist, a cute 22 year old girl. When she was finished, Frank came in and asked if everything was okay and then when I checked out, there was a charge for an exam as he had looked into my mouth.

So here I am 2 weeks in to a broken crown, one that paid for Frank's boat, I'm sure. I can't seem to get myself to look for a dentist. Julie tells me that she found one in Wickenburg where her daughter goes, but that's an awfully long drive to get my teeth worked on. Anyone have a suggestion? Did you know when you brake a crown, all that's left is a stump where food hides out? It's a full time job just keeping it clean!

I spoke with Jules this morning and she tells me the factory called and they need plastics for Monday. This is her way of telling me that she's working Sunday, her day off. Since she's been taking Sundays off, she's only really had 2 days where we she was really off. The rest she either worked through or were cancelled because of poor weather.

No comments: