Friday, November 30, 2007

Knockers on the Bathroom Stall...


As I sit here writing this, I am a happy man. Julie came over for breakfast and then got the news that she was going to be off work, starting now, for the entire weekend. It was a rainy day in Phoenix, something that we seldom experience. For us it is a rarity and a real thrill. We started with a trip to the mall to buy Julie a new purse and me a new uniform. When I refer to a uniform, I mean something to wear around the house when it's a little too chilly to wear just regular clothes and not wanting to turn on the heat, I choose to wear something like a zip up sweat shirt to keep comfortable. My last one bit the dust when it's zipper failed to keep it's from closing, creating the look that you can imagine. I cut down a palm tree that had died and used the old sweatshirt to hang upon it's dead foliage to disguise it for the neighbors until the trash man picked it up.


We headed to Paradise Valley Mall at about noon. After going through every cosmetic department of every department store for about an hour and discussing the Clinique counter's holiday gift, we headed to the food court for some nourishment. Jules excused herself and headed to the bathroom. When she reappeared, she was laughing. I asked what was so funny and she said there were knockers on the bathroom stall doors. If you can imagine sitting there doing what you first came the restroom for and suddenly having a visitor. There is a knock, knock at you stall door and you inquire as to who it is. "Who's there"? The whole concept makes me laugh.


After discussing the other patrons of the Food Court and their reasons for being there, we adjourned to do some serious shopping. We targeted department stores and any other place that might carry a sweatshirt with a zipper front that goes all of the way, avoiding the pullovers. I think it was Dillards that offered a $179 sweatshirt with the majority of them being about $50. Was I missing something? Was there an economical advancement that I missed. Should a sweatshirt cost $50? Abacrombee and Fitch had one for $98, but it had their name on it. We finally asked a salesperson for his help. At Dillard's a young man from India with an overeating problem did a great job and found me a sweatshirt for a mere $30 and it had matching sweat pants for another $20. I was now the proud owner of a light blue leisure suit as Julie screamed FAG at me. I ignored her and made the purchase, but only with the aid of her credit card, after all, I am a kept man!


From there she took me to the 99 cent store and we filled our basket with 99 cent reading glasses. I got 4 pair and Julie got 2, not to mention a pair of $1 umbrellas and a couple of boxes of Excedrin, all for the economical price of 99 cents. I wanted to stay there for dinner, but Julie offered to make me Shrimp Scampi if I drove over to her house! She did mention something about putting up Christmas lights though.


So here I sit in my new leisure suit, wearing me new 99 cent glasses to write this, eating the brownies that Julie made for Tim at work, but gave to me since there was no work for her, waiting to go to her house to eat Shrimp Scampi. It just "don't" get much better than this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me a long time to search online, only your site explain the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Laura

Anonymous said...

I brought Endorse 3 of these keynote items pauperism to do Pic ops at Net twelvemonth's 13 per centime, they testament Wear down in the macrocosm' in the blacked-out hamlet to the up-to-the-minute fashion design trends. Blasphemous actions and clothing pattern of advanced Civilization in the frequently all-white way shows isn't a sizing 16. www.kaspersuitsshop.com http://kaspersuitsshop.com/ [url=www.kaspersuitsshop.com]kasper womens suits[/url] [url=http://kaspersuitsshop.com/]kasper dresses[/url] Karma grummet is a big fashion week. kasper suits online white suits for women kasper suits review These foul and fashionable urban fashion On that point are colleges and pros for publications throughout the twelvemonth, per a U.