Saturday, December 29, 2007

I LOVE Little Kids, particularly After I Get Untied!

I just hung up the phone with the "Lovely Jules". She is in Wittmann AZ, babysitting for her 2 grandchildren so her daughter and son-in-law can have a well deserved weekend off. The kids are 2 1/2 and 3 months, Julie is 48 and that's just not fair! Julie sounded exhausted and could hardly carry on a conversation. When 2 1/2 year old Emma wasn't dragging Grandma around the house to play, new born Jack was either cooing or screaming his head off for whatever his need of the moment was. Grandparents are not built for that kind of abuse. I recall spending about 4 hours babysitting for my grandson Max a few months back and my reply when his parents got home and asked how everything went was, NEVER AGAIN! Max ran me ragged and took advantage of me at every juncture. I was a drained and beaten man. He's a little older now and I think I'm just about ready to try it again.



Tomorrow I'm planning a short excursion to Wittmann to meet the kids and also give Julie a well deserved break. I'm usually pretty good with the little ones, especially after I get untied! I'm also bringing Julie a change of clothes, she's already soiled everything she brought for the two day getaway with food and spit up from little Jack. She also mentioned that she hasn't had enough time away from her kiddies to even take a shower. Gosh that brings back memories.... I hope she gets a good night's sleep, she really needs it!



Monday is our first New Years Eve together and it's an important one for Julie, as it's her first New Years single in 15 years. I wish I'd have made plans somewhere, it's kind of late now.

No comments: