Monday, December 3, 2007

Murder on the Serenghetti...
















Pictures compliments of Julie, wagging tongue, azjules.blogspot.com
After a semi-fractured weekend with the "Lovely Jules", she called me about 9 PM. finally feeling a little better after a weekend of entertaining stomach flu. We've all been there, thank you very much! She was writing and wanted some company after spending the vast majority of the weekend praying to the flu God, "Raaaalph"! I drove over and we chatted for a time, rehashing our weekends. Suddenly, without warning, a high screeching noise came from outside and it sounded like it was coming from her backyard. Julie lives on a golf course. Pawpaw was safely inside and I looked at her, as if to say, what in the hell was that? Then, several other screeches took place and I was confused as to what it was. Julie jumped up and ran to the yard to see if she could see outside and announced it was coyotes and they'd made a kill! Those were the sounds they make when they've made a kill, announcing it to the other coyotes in the pack, as if to brag to the others. It was chilling, resembling an old woman's scream if she'd been hurt. It continued for about 3 minutes and just quieted down as the coyotes probably dragged their kill of to a safe place to devour it. Julie assured me that there would never be any remnants to clean up, as the coyotes are very thorough eaters. I asked what they pray upon and she told me it was probably a rabbit or a puppy or some kind of small dog. Her HOA sent out a flyer saying to keep your small pets inside at night as coyotes are jumping over the 6 foot walls and entering yards as easy as pie. A chill ran down my spine.

Above you'll see some pictures that Julie took of the "Murderers on the Hunt". When I left Julie's house rather late, don't think I didn't watch for the little red eyes of the murderers watching me take my leave! Ah nature...

1 comment:

C.A. said...

We have coyotes around here, also. We spotted a three legged male running at top speed despite his handicap. Thankfully my back yard is fenced, or my poor, satanic dachshund might be lunch!

Those pictures are awesome!