Thursday, January 10, 2008

Betrayed...

Costco Olive Oil
Over the years, I've spent a lot of money at Costco. Before that I belonged to Price Club at the same locations. I've been a member since the early 80's. I've brought many new customers to the locations and all of them were not only impressed with the operation, but they were thankful for me to introducing them to warehouse shopping. This is clearly not the case with my current steady girlfriend, who shall remain nameless, but lives in the Arrowhead Estates with a wonderful dog that has accepted me as a pack member, named Pawpaw.


One of the nice things about buying in bulk when you are a single person is sharing the values by splitting them up, each taking half. This sort of activity in self explanatory and ready shouldn't have to be explained. Today I instant messaged my "steady girl" and asked her if she'd like to sell me 1/2 of her purchase of olive oil that she purchased some weeks ago. You are required to buy 2 full gallons of the healthy oil at one time and the last time I did that it lasted me 10 years. I fear that I might not live long enough to use that much olive oil again, making me think of asking the "Lovely Steady Girlfriend" to share hers. That's when she informed me that she already gave 1/2 of her oil to her daughter, weeks ago. Well ain't that just ducky? Not only did I introduce her to Costco, but her daughter gave her her own membership to "my" Costco for Christmas. I feel jilted, jaded and all of the other "J" words that apply... Looks like I'll be needing a new partner to shop with and "partner up" with as well!

4 comments:

Nichole said...

On my behalf, If I had known it was illegal olive oil, I wouldn't have accepted, but I do appreciate you contributing to the overall health of my family physically, and to the general health of my pocketbook. Please don't feel betrayed, you have done this family good. Much health & happiness...N

Jules said...

I am not your girlfriend, lets just put that out for the world to see. I am sick of your humor at my expense MEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nikki, hide your oil, he is a ruthless crook.

Mel said...

Well, there seems to be some confusion about what type of relationship that the "Lovely Jules" and I have. I do know that we've communicated almost everyday for the last 6 months since we first met and I am both lucky and privileged to have her in my life...

Mel

Jules said...

Love you Sweetie - Now BEHAVE!