Thursday, January 3, 2008

I'll Have the Chateau Briand, Please....

As excited as I am about the new computer, let that not overshadow some other great news that happened today. New Year's Day, Julie told me that she was going to audition for the local newspaper's food critique section. As an employee of a newspaper that serves 5 million people, her/our responsibility would be to eat at and enjoy the efforts of numerous restaurants and clubs here in the "Valley of the Sun" and write a critique of that establishment the following day. As many as 4 people can be in the party and of course the food is FREE!!! In addition she will be paid for her efforts, because let's face it, no one would do that for FREE!!! Hellooooo, are you kidding me? This is a fat guy's heaven! Neither Jules or I are fat................now, heh heh, but try us next year.....
When Julie called to tell me that the computer had come, I almost didn't hear her tell me that she also got the job working for the newspaper. She's, ahem "We're" in! Since this occurred, I sent out an email to a few friends telling them about Julie's wonderful accomplishment and almost every one of them has replied and offered to join us... Who would have guessed?

No comments: