Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dirty Money...

Several months ago, the "Lovely Jules" agreed to help me take my dogs to the park for some exercise. Because of the males aggressive tendencies with other dogs, I seldom have the man power to try it. It was a beautiful day and the sun was riding high in the sky with 80 degree temperatures. As we walked along, the Dynamic Duo sniffed and peed and otherwise had a great time, when suddenly I looked down and there, right in the middle of nowhere was a fresh new dollar bill! Well, with my Jewish heritage, you can imagine my delight. Free money is always a welcome sight. I alerted Jules to my find as she screamed it was hers and that she had dropped it earlier and I'd better give it to her if I knew what was good for me. Suddenly, I got a little better look at it and noticed that it was horribly defaced with some runaway dog's brown stains on it. (Are you getting my point here?) Someone had used this innocent dollar bill to clean their shoe off with or worse yet, I can picture some Scottsdale "Floozy" wiping her Yorkie's hind end with it. Either way, this wonderful dollar bill was no longer so wonderful and here is the problem presented to this man that was raised within the heritage of the Jews. No greater problem has ever been put before a Jew in all of history, I checked. Keep the soiled dollar bill and take it home and clean it or toss it away. Try to picture a Jewish man throwing away a dollar without tears coming to his eyes.. Well, I AM THAT MAN!!! I simply tossed the money away, letting the wind carry it to wherever it wanted... I wonder what I would have done if the "Lovely Jules" had not been around, hmm....

Mel
2/12/08

1 comment:

C.A. said...

Julie keeps you in check, Mel. She's like a filter on your bad behavior.

:)

Have a peaceful day....

c.a.