Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breaking Up is Hard to Do...

After a major fight with the Lovely Jules, I decided not to see her anymore. Here is how I went about it.

I started the day with a ride to Julie's house to meet the partial crew at Overflow, her company. That included Nichole, Julie's 28 year old daughter and comptroller. Nikki is a charming, sweet, attractive girl that wore a smile almost the entire time I was there and Zach a young strapping fellow that I'm told not only brightens up their days, but is completely capable on the job. We headed out.

First we went to the auction, where Julie bought a 2007 Suburban and a late model Corvette before she learned not to make eye contact with the auctioneer. She loved it and wants to go again. After, we went the Knock Kneed Lobster for lunch and Julie ordered fried Okra like she knew what she was doing. She's originally from Fort Wayne, Indiana from a farm, although she personally was raised in a barn on the property, which explains her attraction to animals. From there it was a jaunt over to the Biltmore Shopping Center. I parked my Toyota between a Bentley and a Mercedes and we knocked our doors into both. It was almost like the Clampetts came to town! Julie complained that there were too many shiny "B"s on the Bentley. They don't put "T"s all over the Toyota!

After trying our best to look like we belonged there, we left without spending a penny, although there was a shirt at Saks that Julie was pretty fond of. It was $360 and looked like a room where a kid got in and went insane with water colors and a cat.

For a reality check, Julie dropped me off at the car lot and I took the old Expedition home and she took off with the Toyota, affording her a runabout car at her house for a few days.

I guess I'll have to see Julie again, at least to get my car back.

Mel
3/19/08

1 comment:

C.A. said...

I cannot keep up with what's going on here? I'm so confused.