Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Little Things in Life...

It's the little things in life that make me happy. This weekend, Lady Jules has invited her almost 3 year old granddaughter to come for the weekend, something I've been looking forward to. Listening to St. Jules for the past year has convinced me that this little girl is exceptionally bright and a bright spot on any day. I'm looking forward to getting to know her and enjoy her youth and spirit.
Here's another little thing that I found pleasing today. Unknown to a lot of people, I've been suffering from a dead battery on the car that I've been driving. The car is a 1997 Buick Regal GS, with a supercharger on the engine. Few people know what it means to have a supercharged engine, but this old man's car is probably faster than most of the Corvettes. I know, I have a Corvette too. I love nothing more that to approach a red light with a Honda with a kid driving, that has one of those wide, loud exhaust pipes as he revs up his little motor and takes off, as I past him in the dust that his little car has created. I guess I'm just a frustrated old guy living with a young mind.. Anyway, getting back to my little pleasure, the battery in my Buick has been rather on the weak side for some time now. I've been meaning to replace it, but I've seen them last 6 months after the first sign of going dead with daily use. I also have a battery guy, so going to the local part store and buying one would be an insult to the battery guy. Last night, I went to Julie's house to watch Big Brother with her, a show I get bored with, but Julie insists on keeping up with it. Instead of jumping the battery on the old Buick, I drove home in the Toyota that somehow became hers recently. I went back to her house this morning to get my Buick and drive to the lot to get my new battery that the battery guy dropped off and had a brainstorm. I suggested she drive me to the lot to get a convertible that I have down there and we'll have it to use while the weather is so great. St. Jules had a meltdown, telling me how she needs to work and doesn't have time to be driving me all over kingdom come and where will she park an extra car, this is not my car lot, it's her home! Well, I certainly felt like she told me, so I jump started the old Buick and took off for the lot and to get my new battery. This is the good part!
After Paul installed my new battery, the odometer on my old Buick, that has low miles, that wouldn't light up, lit up! I was told that to get it lit up again would cost in the neighborhood of $200 up. It's working for free! See my joy???
Mel
4/09/08

No comments: