Monday, June 2, 2008

More Trouble in Tuba City...

Today was 104 degrees. Hot huh? I went to my car lot to spend the day there washing cars and putting things in order. Another of my motivations was to get Paul, my mechanic and landlord to start working on some of my cars. Recently I bought several cars that require a lot of mechanical work. One in particular is a head gasket job, that will pay somewhere in the area of $3000 in repairs, yet tomorrow marks the 30 day period that it has been sitting there. My office of my car lot does not have air conditioning. It used to, but one day when I came to work, it was missing. When I inquired, Paul told me he removed the unit to install in his new trailer. His kids are going to spend the summer and I don't want them to be without AC, do I? I couldn't believe at the time he had cannibalized my trailer without even giving me notice. I decided to move out, without giving him notice. Paul always justifies what he does and makes it seem like he was always right. He insisted that I was wrong for moving out without giving him notice and if I wanted AC, I should have said so.

Casually, one day, I told Paul that keeping a refrigerator running in a hot trailer is probably coasting him $50 a month. The very next day, he unplugged my refrigerator in the trailer. Me and my big mouth. Last week, I spent about 90 minutes in my trailer without AC and without a refrigerator to even keep a bottle of water cool, while waiting for my insurance man to come. I broke down and turned on the fridge to cool my water and decided to keep it plugged on and brought a case of water down. Today, when I arrived, I saw my case of water in Paul's fridge and he explained that he was awfully disappointed to see I had plugged in the fridge. If I want water, I can come to his office to get some and keeping the fridge plugged in is asking too much. I guess I'll be moving again, soon...
Mel
6/02/08

No comments: