Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dating Guy Hits the Lottery...




This new dating life of mine has left me confused, busy, disappointed and delighted. This is a story of the last 2 adjectives, "disappointed and delighted".

Lets start with the event that was the demise of Gums... Gums was the nickname that one of my friends gave to Marsha after seeing her picture. She was the one with red hair that I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be too pleased with. The redhead. I had wanted to say that I wasn't the least bit pleased with her appearance, but thought I'd wait until I met her, as in the event that she was charming and pleasant, her looks wouldn't have been that important. I never got to meet Marsha, she was one of the ones that lied and claimed she never received my message and didn't pick up her voicemails and frankly, I decided not to pursue her when the bullshit started.When a woman starts lying to me before she ever meets or even talks to me, I consider that a fatal sign. I'll post her picture for you as a farewell to Marsha...

Next was MJ.

As I walked into the bar I was to meet MJ at, I realized I haven't even been to a bar in many years. I was a little nervous as MJ had sent me her picture and I was either going to be very pleased with her or so disappointed, I wouldn't know what to do. When MJ asked where I wanted to meet, I failed that test pitifully. I didn't even know of a bar in between our houses or even near my house. She called me yesterday at noon and we had a great 20 minute conversation, while she waited in her car for a co-worked to meet with her, to go to a new job. MJ wouldn't tell me what she did for a living, that she would prefer to tell me in person. With her mysterious persona, I naturally assumed she either worked for the CIA or the FBI.

I arrived a few minutes before MJ and cased this place called the Sandbox in North Scottsdale. It was pretty empty, significant of most businesses these days. I cased the place looking for a quiet place to lite. After walking clear to the back of the place, I turned around and saw a shapely, tall thin, blond haired young girl walking in. I immediately decided that this young lady was too young to be MJ and continued my walk. When she smiled and pointed to me, I thought this must be a joke, that she brought her daughter along to play a joke on me. This young lady looked similar to the girl in the picture, but was waaay too young. MJ finally disclosed that she was 56 and I wasn't really looking forward to meeting with a woman that close to my age, after all, I've seen me naked!

My part of the introduction was oh, but, we, a-a-a, and why? I couldn't form any reasonable sounds when I first realized this was my 56 year old date. I had to know how she did this. I wanted to try it too. Was there a fountain of youth somewhere? Not only was she gorgeous, but she was built like a model, a well endowed model, with a high tight ass and a shapely top, legs like a gazelle, toned and muscular. After a firm handshake, we walked to a quiet booth away from everyone else.

After I tripped and clumsily got into the booth, the conversation flowed evenly and humorously. MJ had a great personality and a super sense of humor. We had both been married a plethora of times and laughed about our experiences dating at this age. I had a really hard time believing she was really in my age group and not a generation younger. I'd honestly say that MJ looked to be about 28, yet she had the experience and wisdom of an older woman. She knew herself, was confident and poised and told some really great stories that had me sitting on the edge of my seat to know more. As for her job, she's a Hospice nurse and put herself through school after her second failed marriage. In addition, she has a 30 year old son and a 1 year old granddaughter, Maya.

MJ has had a hard life too. She spent 6 years in the hospital from the age of 6 to 12 due to allergies and life threatening asthma. Back in those days, they used oxygen tents where she spent a lot of her time. She was allergic to 253 things including carpeting fibers. Thank God she outgrew all of that as she got older. Naturally, the topic of her youthful look came up and she admitted to having a boob job and some "work". I have been around this planet for 62 years and have seen a lot of face lifts and I was under the impression that they all make you look "fake" with a plastered look stuck on your face, i.e. Mary Tyler Moore. I see women on my dating service that are 55 and every picture has the same expression on their face, as if it were stuck there. That, to me is a face life. MJ's looks perfect and even and her face moves like yours or mine. She let me search for marks and I was unsuccessful. She is perfection in appearance..

I've often said, that a picture is just a moment captured in time and often pictures don't do justice to the individual. Sadly, each and every time I meet with a woman that has a borderline picture posted, I'm disappointed, as the picture is far better than the real person. In the case of MJ, the picture that I'm about to show you makes MJ look about 15 years older than she looks in real life.. I'm sure you'll be able to tell MJ from Marsha, HA! I've already been back in touch with MJ and we're going out again...

The Dating Guy
7/25/08

No comments: