Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dating Slump...

The dating guy seems to be in a slump. Don't misunderstand. I've got plenty of women that are currently interested in me, but I'm just not into it. Here are the ones that I haven't yet met.
First there is MJ. MJ is 52 and a widow, long blond hair and quite attractive. We spoke on the phone for quite some time and seemed to get along well. We wrote up and back for a time and then she seemed to stop. Then I got an email from her saying that she's rethought about the dating scene and decided not to forward with it. Fast foreward 10 days and I get another email from her saying she's back online and would like to get together if I'm still interested. Out of curiosity I wrote her and asked why she dropped out to begin with. She explained that she had been dating a gentleman that threatened her if she didn't see him exclusively.. Hmm.. Now I'm a little nervous about being the victim of that murder scene...

Next we have Mara. Mara is a pretty blond haired lady originally from Minnesota, but lived in Beverly Hill for quite a few years with her husband, that was 10 years her senior. We get along, I'd say, real well. We're on the same page on most subjects and in spite of her telling everyone she was 53, she turned out to be 59. If she looks like her picture, I don't care if she's 109, she looks HOT. She left yesterday for Park City, Utah for the week and will return this weekend.

Then there is Marsha. There is a new feature on my dating service and you can now see who has marked you down as a favorite. I checked it and there was Marsha that had found me and evidently liked me. I was her private secret, or she thought. I wrote to her saying that I see you marked me as a favorite, when are you going to let me know about it? She replied just one word at first, "Busted". Here's a problem, I'm not thrilled with Marsha's looks. She's a redhead and I've never been fond of that hair color on most women. She just started a position at Scottsdale Culinary Institute as a recruiter. She wrote tonight wanting to just meet and have coffee, but I suggested we speak on the phone first. Here is my reason for that.

There was a really pretty lady named Debbie that contacted me and I chatted with online for a couple of days. We got along great. She was clever and brought a pretty creative part of me out. Then we spoke and she was rude, awkward and plain mean. She was so self-absorbed that it almost hurt. To say that I'm not interested in going one step farther with her would be kind.

So, I've got plenty on my plate, I just don't feel like eating.

The Non-Dating Guy
7/22/08

No comments: