Sunday, July 20, 2008

Double Date...

Today was a big day for the Dating Guy. Two dates in one day. I haven't attempted that since I was in my teens. You have to be in shape to handle two different women and do everything right. For example, there's the name to remember. Nothing ruins a romantic date like calling Ethyl, Bertha! Particularly after the lights go out.

Today's agenda started with Ellen a 51 year old Jewess that gave great phone, but when push came to shove, she wasn't my type. She lived in a place called Surprise, AZ. When I got there, after a lengthy drive, I learned how the town earned it's name. Whew, was she ever ..................average. I loved her down to Earth personality, but her appearance took me aback. Some things don't show up in pictures, like freckles over every inch of her body. He 5' 9" height took her up to my height with those 3 " heels at lunch. Her hair was super fine and straight as an arrow and her teeth were a pleasant shade of tan.

On the way to her house, that was just East of California, I passed places I'd only heard of. Like Dysart Rd, Litchfield Rd., Sun City and so forth. When I got to her house, she was out in front having an argument with her landlord and her little dog was going berserk inside. When the landlord left, she finally acknowledged my presence and invited me in where her dog, who she explained is on Prozak tried to bite me twice, but couldn't get a good hold of my bare leg. We headed out for Chinese food and she never touched hers, taking it home in it's entirety. I may have upset her stomach.

When we got back to her house, I asked to use her restroom, but what I was really doing was giving her poor little dog a second chance to build his deflated ego by biting me really good, but he was too slow again. He went to his bed to sulk. I thanked her for an interesting afternoon and split.

On the way home, I was driving right past the home of the Lovely Jules, so I thought I'd stop and brighten up her day. She opened the door yelling at me, "What are you doing here unannounced"? You could see she was happy to see me. I went in, said my hellos to Pawpaw and we goofed around for a half an hour or so, when I rudely left, as rudely as I arrived. I had to go home to feed the Dynamic Duo and get ready for date number 2 Debbie, who ironically lived in Julie's neighborhood. My gasoline bill was outrageous!

I'd been out with Debbie twice before and had been telling her about my favorite Italian Restaurant, Tutti Santi's and she was dying to try it. I drove all of the way back to where I had been a couple of hours before and arrived at about 7:30, showered and dressed. Debbie looked magnificent! She was wearing dress slacks and a top that was unbuttoned down to the goods. Her hair and make up were perfect and she greeted me with a warm, I missed you, kiss. While she sipped a glass of white wine, she snapped a few pictures of me that came out pretty good for an old worn out goat. We headed out to Tutti Santi's Italian Restorante'.

When we got there, we were well received by the new hostess and she said, Diane has asked to serve you. What a pleasant way to arrive. Someone asked to serve us. Diane is the owner's daughter, and I've known her since she was a young kid. We were seated in the Art Room, where the owner's son has some pretty wonderful paintings on display. I heard he sells them for as much as $5000. Diane was busy with a table of women that were keeping her pretty busy and a young handsome Italian lad waited on us. He looked better and sounded better than he worked. He was awful, but we didn't let him ruin our meals. Debbie ordered the veal Marsala and I had my old faithful, chicken parmigiana. The food was served after some home made soup, that was wonderful. After being hungry all afternoon, I somehow lost my appetite and had my food boxed up to take home. Probably from the anticipation of what was for dessert, wink!

When we left, I ran into Lao and he asked how everything was and I felt compelled to tell him. I told him the food was wonderful as usual, but the service was awful. I left a $5 tip on a $70 check, which is not like me. Lao acted like he was concerned, we'll see.
Debbie kindly invited me in when we arrived at her house, but being a former scout, I politely took my leave. For some reason, all I could think about was that chicken Parmigiana on the passenger side of my front seat.
Quite a day for the Dating Guy... How's that?

The Dating Guy
7/19/08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was charming and a huge improvement from the origonal version. LJ