Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update...

I sat here at the kitchen table eating a leisurely breakfast when suddenly the computer alerted me of a new email. It was from my long lost friends at Black and Decker, more specifically, a lady name Alicia. It went on for a full paragraph about the holiday weekend and how embarrassed they are that they didn't get back to me sooner and Friday everyone was off for the 4th. Then, it asked for 3 specific numbers pertaining to my grilled drill and I was happy to supply them as soon as I finished my scrambled eggs. I don't think 10 minutes went by and I get another email telling me that my new battery and charger were in the mail and to expect them in 7 to 10 working days. Now I have to find a place to work until it all gets here!

Then it was off to the car lot to bake in the 111 degrees while I washed about 8 cars. Feeling like I was going to pass out, I advised my mechanic that I didn't have the strength to roll up the hose and if he wanted it rolled up, he was going to have to do the rolling. I got into my Toyota and rolled out of there enjoying the air conditioning and hoped I wouldn't pass out on the roll home. It was almost 3 PM when I stopped at McDonalds for a burger and a heartburn and came home to 2 very hot dogs. It seems that I left the air on 76 and it froze up on me, producing a very efficient ice machine instead of an air conditioner. Wolfing down my would be lunch, I ripped out the air filter and took it outside and washed it out. About 3 years ago, an over ambitious repairman sold me this washable filter for an amazing $50 and to prove that I was dumber than he, I bought it. I put the clean filter back in and nothing, no help. Next I called a friend and she told me of the repairman that "cleaned her filter" earlier this week, however being a man, I chose to call Phil first. Phil didn't answer, so I tried a few things myself. I took the cover off of the air handler and saw that the condenser was frozen solid, not allowing air to flow through the coils. I got my trusty hair dryer out and stood there for about 20 minutes defrosting it. I put it all together and fired her back up and still nothing. I was finally time to call the number this lady gave me. Pinnacle AC answered on the 12th ring, I was about to hang up. A friendly man said hello and I asked if he knew anything about AC. He said, no. I assumed he was the answering service when he started laughing. He explained, of course he does, what can he help me with. I told what I had, I told him what I did and then he asked me if I'd called Phil. I said, yeah but he didn't answer. He told me to turn off the unit, turn the fan on only, in fact if I can get the heat to come on that would even help for about 10 minutes. There is something sacrilegious about having a hot house and turning on the heater, but I did it. This was to defrost the coils that I used the hair dryer on. He told me that will ruin a hair dryer and that's about all it will do.

I just checked, it's almost 9 PM and the temp is 82 down one degree. Who knows, this might get me through the night?

He's coming here tomorrow to check it out for me.......... $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Hot Mel
7/9/08

No comments: