Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Dating Guy Encounters Amnesia!

After awakening at about 6 AM, I sat around drinking coffee and talking on the phone until about 10:30, then planned my day for the duration. I had an appointment with my cardiologist at 11:30 AM, but wasn't called in until 12:30. I concluded that his 5 PM appointment would be seen at 7. The news was good. The pain I had been experiencing in my chest was muscle related and not angina. I asked how much damage was done to my heart from the renegade Indian that stabbed me and Dr. Loli replied, minimal. The heart (brought to you by God) is an amazing organ. I actually saw on an angioplasty once where a blocked vein had bypassed the blockage and built a canal around it to continue satisfying my needs. I was damned proud! Then I asked if I had any limitations and Loli said, no. He asked me to lift my shirt and said he was sending me to cardiac rehab and frankly, I'm looking forward to it.

After my appointment, I was needed to put out a fire left over from work. I headed down to the "lot" where I sat and waited while the party that had the fire just ignored my effort, so I left and went home. By this time it was time to feed the Dynamic Duo, who were pretty happy to see me. Oh yeah, that's why I have dogs! As I settled into my position on the sofa, my phone began to ring, bringing in calls form people that evidently care about me, wanting to know what the doctor said. Surprisingly, I even got an email from my first wife Barbara, asking what the doctor concluded, how shocking?

MJ called and reported that she was going out to eat with the girls and did I want to visit for awhile when she got home? I did! She harped away at me, telling me the equivalent of "I told you so" at the cardiologist's report. After a leisurely evening, doing a little cleaning up after the Dynamic Duo, I called MJ as she was calling me. We laughed and said to get my butt over there. I slipped into my tight white shorts that the girls seem to love, a Hawaiian shirt and drove the long path to MJ's.

Less than 30 minutes later, I was knocking on the knockers at MJ's... She answered the door wearing just a little shorty robe! I was taken aback! I commented that she looked as though she were ready for bed already. She winked and said, she was... With my mouth agape, I followed her to her to the rear of the house and that's when it happened, I passed out! I MUST have passed out, because from that point on, I don't remember a thing....

The Dating Guy
8/7/08

No comments: