Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good Day!

Betsy
Like I tell my friend Barry all of the time, patience is a virtue. If you wait, you will receive. It's true. Last night I went on a date with a woman named Mara and she couldn't have been nicer. She looked just like her picture from the dating service, had the personality that God gave her and was a pleasant companion all evening. We had absolutely no chemistry though and although I gave it some serious thought, you just can't go forward when you're just not feeling it. About half way through my date, that was just for a coke and a glass of wine, Julie called and asked what I was doing. I told her I was on a date and only answered because I was a little worried about her, since she told me she was going out with serial murderer, that was not only schizophrenic, but was wanted in 7 states for sniffing little kid's bicycle seats. Although she assured me that she would be alright, I still had my concerns. A few other people that thought it wasn't such a good idea was her daughter, her cyber friend Cindi and the entire Philharmonic Orchestra, along with the Navy and 2/3 of the Democrats.. I wasn't alone. She called to tell me that she gave it some thought and decided to just spend a quiet night at home.

I finished with my poorly matched date at about 8:15 and called the Lovely Jules to see if she wanted company. She seemingly had had a rough day and encouraged me to drive the 101 West to her domain. Her mother has been stricken ill and needed someone to talk to. I got there about 8:45 and we chatted for about 90 minutes when she declared it bedtime. I stretched and yawned and started down the hall towards the bedroom, when the Lovely Jules reminded me that I live 17 miles East and I'd best start that journey home. I smiled, gave her an "Oh Yeah" and headed out.

I think it was about 11 PM when I got home and the Dynamic Duo were pissed!!! They were already in bed and wouldn't even stir when they heard the familiar noise the garage door makes. Since nobody was talking to me, I went to bed, but just laid there for about 3 or 4 hours drifting in and out of sleep. Finally around 4 AM I got up, took a Benedryl and 2 aspirins and sleep finally came. Here comes the cool part.

About 9:15 I was still doing my best to sleep, when the phone rang. How rude! I picked it up, saw it was an out of state call from Texas, so naturally I didn't answer. The only person I know that is from Texas is that asshole George W. Bush and I sure as hell wouldn't want to talk to him. The answering machine was good enough for the world's worst all time president. The message started and it was a woman going on and on and I surely believed it was a carpet cleaning service that has branched out and was willing to do air vents included in their low, low price. I finally arose at about 9:45 after my sleep had been virtually ruined. Gotta love this schedule, aye?

To my surprise and delight, it was a young lady that had seen my ad for the red VW Cabrio convertible and she was close by and wanted to see it at noon. It was about 10 AM when we spoke, I swallowed my cup of coffee, ran out the door to the patio where the VW lives and tried to start the car. Even new batteries will go dead just sitting and that's exactly what I had let the VW convertible do. I ran for the battery charger, hookered it up, plugged it in and screeched into the shower while it charged. I showered, shaved, blew dry my hair and was out of there in about 10 minutes, just enough time to charge a VW battery. It fired up like the champ I knew it would and it was time to wash the car. It rained here in Scottsdale this morning and I'll bet I was the only guy in captivity that was washing a car in the rain. All I head to do now was to move the 3 cars that were parked in my way in the side drive. I parked one in the driveway and 2 in the street, when the boy-toy from 2 doors down wanted to know my plan. I blew him off and ran back to slowly drive the VW out into the front driveway, so it looked like I had just pulled it out of the garage where it was peacefully sleeping and returned into the house to notify the Dynamic Duo that we were having company.

Enter 25 year old Nikkie, a single mother that was as cute as a button. She and the bright red VW started a love affair that will probably last for many years to come. She bought it and they will start their honeymoon on Friday when her mother wires the money here.

With Nikkie gone, it was time to undo all of my efforts. I moved all of the cars back into their secret hiding places behind the brick wall and no one is the wiser. I'll see Nikkie tomorrow at noon to drop off a cash deposit.

Now it's time to read my many emails and to my delight there is an email from Betsy, an adorable lady I met online that lives near by and seems pretty interested since she offered me her phone number. I told her I'd call her about 9 PM tonight and I'm about 30 minutes late, so I have to run. For your approval, her picture is posted at the top of this post.

The Dating Guy
8/13/08 (A pretty good day, huh?)

No comments: