Thursday, August 14, 2008

S-S-Stress...

Today was a very trying day. What a let down after a perfect day like yesterday. I was expecting Nikkie, the young lady that is buying my 99 VW Cabrio to drop by at noon, particularly after she called last night to confirm that I'd be here. At 12 noon, I was ready and waiting and had even informed the Dynamic Duo that the young lady that they liked so much the day before, was indeed giving us another visit. (I didn't mention to them about her dropping off money, I didn't think it was any of their business). So, there I sat, watching the news and watching the front window even more intensely than the news. The previous day, she rang the bell at 12:10 after a 10 minute ride from her office. I watched it become 12:10, then 12:15 and finally 12:20. That's when I dialed her number and got her voicemail. I very politely asked her if I should still continue to wait for her or did she change her plans? At 12:30 I declared her a "no show" and went outside to pull some weeds from the front yard. That's when my cell phone indicated a text message. It was from Nikkie. It said that she got tied up at the office, was running about 45 minutes late and she can't reach me by phone, there is a message saying "no service". I called her back and she explained her problem and assured me she'd be over in 20 minutes. What a relief! Five different times I've called Alltel to tell them I have no service and 5 different times they told me it's fixed. I spent about 4 hours on hold and I'm probably not exaggerating. Today was no exception, only today, I wasn't allowing any of their regular help to assist me. I asked for management. They insist on knowing why and I insist on management. After all, when they abuse me and lie to me, I at the very least want those lies from someone of higher rank! After a 7 or 8 minute wait, A very nice lady named Linda answered and even her tone told me that she has been advised that there is an irate customer waiting for her. She was sooooo friendly, I could have blown chunks! I started with my cell phone number and then the last 4 of my social. Then my name and I followed with that I was a 12 year customer and I was the one that DID pay the bill every month on time! Then she made the error of asking me what the problem could possibly be. I then told her that I have been without service 5 different times this month and today in the sixth time. Today it almost cost me a sale. I use my phone for telephone calls. Not for pictures or movies or the Internet. Not for the voicemail or the caller ID or the text messages that you so flagrantly charge me for every time I'm without service. I use it for phone calls and for that it is useless. I was really into a great rant. I was laying on her all of the grief that a certain lady lays on me on a regular basis and her name starts with Lovely, but I'll not disclose her name. Just then, there was someone knocking on my door and it was Nikkie, my customer. I told Linda that I had to hang up and to please call me back. As is typical with Alltel, no response and no call back. I hung up. I saved my sale in spite of Alltel and changed my service to Cricket. I chose Cricket because there is no contract and when or if they screw up, all I have to do is throw away the phone and go elsewhere. Nikkie brought me the deposit I had been waiting for and I took the car to emissions. It passed with flying colors and tomorrow Nikkie is picking up her new car. She told me that she's taking her 5 year old son up North for a picnic. She's even going to put the top down!

No comments: