Sunday, September 21, 2008

All in 24 Hours...

Today was a long lazy day. I slept until about 10, when the phone rang and it was the Lovely Jules. She wanted her usual recap of the night before from the perception of another person. I usually start by telling her how I had to sneak in, using my key, but making extra special sure that there isn't already a gentleman there. This always makes her laugh, but not me! We watch TV and I make her laugh and she eventually falls asleep. That's when I go to work. I raid the refrigerator, eating everything in sight. Steal back my glasses that I occasionally leave there and turn off the TV and leave, but only after leaving her a secret note that she has learned to look for. As she tells it, she jumps up out of sleep and runs to the kitchen to search for my written efforts. Once or twice I forgot to leave one and heard about it the following day. On last night's excursion, I was grossly disappointed as her cupboards were bare. I drove home at about midnight chewing on a bottle of water.

Last night's interaction put me in a glorious mood and I immediately put down the top on my convertible date car. I rode the 17.4 miles home, East on the familiar 101 with the wind in my hair and a smile on my face. As I exited at 56th Street, I passed the world renowned Mayo Clinic, where I spent my Friday night, not 24 hours earlier, laying on a gurney, wondering if I were about to expire, or if I'd live to enjoy another ride down the 101. What a difference just 24 hours can make?

I'm not quite sure what magic potion was in my water, that the Lovely Jules supplied me with, but my morning blood pressure was 98/49 and climbed only to 126/61 tonight and I was without meds all day. She ought to bottle it! Wait, I think she did!

Mel
9/21/08

No comments: