Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Day Off from the Sweat Shop...

I approached the office of my kidney/blood pressure doctor and saw that all of the parking places were occupied. Knowing from experience that people park in the red zone and don't get towed away, I took a chance and tried it, although it's really not my style. Dr. Z called me this morning and backed me in to an appointment. Our conversation went something like this: (Read this with a Romanian accent)

Dr. Z: Can you come in at 4PM or is 1PM better?

Me: I, a, have things to do today, but 1PM would be better.

Dr. Z: Good, see you then, goodbye.

What the hell just happened? I wasn't planning on seeing him today, it's my day off from the sweat shop and I have a ton of things to do today.

So I walk up to the overpaid, bi-lingual, fat chick that was sitting behind the glass partition and look at her. she's talking on the phone and won't make eye contact. After about 3 minutes, I just sat down and watched her giggling with the friend she was so engrossed with. Fifteen minutes went by and I was worried about my car getting towed, but being the "Rock Star" that I am, I calmed down. Suddenly, without notice, Dr. Z came out and called me in, himself. I guess he's learned to work around the fat chick too. I asked him how he knew I was even here and he said he walked by and saw me. Oh, the old way!

He examined me and we talked about my blood pressure and he prescribed a new drug, Minoxidil. That sounded familiar. He warned me that it may cause an increase of the amount of hair on my head, to be aware of extra hair growth. Man, what a side effect? I sure hope I can handle a little more hair at this stage of life. That's not a side effect, that's a gift!

My car was still where I parked it................ illegally!

Mel
9/9/08

No comments: