Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Date Car is Gone...

(Man, I LOVED that car).
I got a call from a gentleman regarding my Volvo Convertible. Since giving up my Toyota, I've truly learned to love that car. It was always clean, ran like a race car and was truly sharp. He had pulled up driving an old P-1800 Volvo and claimed to have had 2 Great Danes in the back of it at one time. This gave me the opportunity to open the gate and let the Dynamic Duo out and he fell in love with them. After the test drive, he told me that he wanted it and if it met her criteria, to just consider it sold. When I asked about the money, he told me that she handles the checkbook, but full price was okay. This made me feel uncomfortable, as everyone always wants some sort of a deal. He called back and asked if it were okay to come back, pick up the car and take it to their mechanic. Naturally I agreed to that, as it shows a consciences buyer. He took it to their mechanic and it passed their meticulous inspection with flying colors.. He arrived back a little earlier than I had anticipated and for some reason, there was something missing from his resume. I just got the feeling that something wasn't right. He returned saying it checked out beautifully and he needed to go and get his wife that was speaking to a group of judges, at the Marriott. I was glad I had my car back, safely put away and didn't think I'd see him again.

About 2 hours later, the door bell rang and there was Jay, along with his attorney wife and she loved the car. She wrote me a check for the full amount and I agreed to make certain considerations for them. She loved the car, loved the Dynamic Duo and love was everywhere. She even loved my house and her friend has the same layout, just down the street.

Today, I took her check to Chase Bank and they acted like my customers were criminals and wouldn't verify the funds and wouldn't turn it into a cashier's check and looked at me as if I were trying to pull something off. I simply went to my bank, deposited their check and hold faith in my new judgement, after meeting the credible wife that all is going to be fine. I transferred the title today, in spite of Chase BAD attitude. By the way, the woman making the decisions was about 22 and never even looked at me, just shook her head no.

I was an original customer with Valley National Bank since 1974 and then Bank One took over and I held that account for many years. My account was 34 years old when I closed it when Chase took over and started changing things.. When she asked me if I had an account there, I pulled out my credit card from Chase which holds a $50,000 line of credit. The reply was, that's no good. I'm not even a customer there and was horribly offended.

Jay and Diane LOVE their new car and I'm back driving my Expedition at 15 MPG.

Mel
9/26/08

No comments: