Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pininni Flats...

I was invited to a friend's house last night to watch my boy Obama make mince meat out of the old Republican war hero, McCain, but to my dismay I felt it didn't go that way. Obama was much too polite to the smirking McCain, the man that brought the word Maverick to an entirely different meaning. Evidently McCain and the GOP thought it was okay to enlist any old woman to acquire the female vote, severely underestimating the intelligence of women. Because the debates had a 6 PM play time here in AZ. We recorded it and watched it at our convenience at about 8 PM.

My hostess had prepared for the event by purchasing lean, rare roast beef from the deli, along with Swiss cheese and some white bread rolls. She possesses a pininni press to make the sandwiches crisp and flavorful. She prepared a aus jus sauce to go with it from an old family secret recipe that she keeps in a tin foil packaging with the name Sunbird on them. Delicious! After, she pulled out the sofa and made it into a bed so we could just relax and enjoy the debate. This was more fun than a sporting event. About 45 minutes into it, I was listening intently and my friend screamed out is dislike, "I can't take this bullshit anymore".. My friend had a taste for blood and there was not a drop spilled. They spoke of foreign policy as if that were going to save this country from the internal decay that has taken over for the past 8 years. Frankly, the issues were stepped over or ignored completely. I'm told that the economy will be discussed in a forthcoming debate. Next Thursday, the vice presidential debate takes place and for the sake of the GOP, Sara Palin had better brush up on some issues, so as not to make the fool out of herself that has been established through the Katy Couric interview. Where is Russia?

Mel
9/27/08

1 comment:

Jules said...

Whoa.... Mel. You go get all up on your political high horse boy! That's just hot