Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is My Final Answer Sir...

Having given myself 24 hours to reflect upon my date the day before, I've come to the realization that I HATED her! I know that's an awfully aggressive response in such a short amount of time, but these are the things that swayed my opinion. First, in the car on the way over to the bar that she insisted on going to, as opposed to a restaurant for a daytime refreshment, she leaned over and told me that she doesn't like to be teased. That took me by surprise because I didn't realize I had teased her. If anything, I was being my usual charming self, that women can't resist...
Next when ordering, the waitress offered us 2 choices of white wine, she note one was $6 and the second was $10. Without hesitation, Meg ordered the more expensive one, even when the server offered tastes of both. Meg told her she knew the expensive one would taste better. Was she planning on buying??? I ordered a diet coke and we chatted. Our waitress was limping rather severely and Meg inquired as to why. She said she was suffering from a bad sciatic nerve problem. Being a graduate of sciatic nerve pain, I assured her that it would get better, as mine went completely away about 5 or 6 years ago. Before I could get anything out of my mouth, my date once again leaned over and warned me not to embarrass her. Again I was taken aback.
We continued talking and when it was time to pay the check, Meg became paralized and couldn't reach for her purse or even offer to, even after ordering a second glass of her $10 favorite, in spite of the fact that she didn't drink but a sip of it. I paid the check with a credit card and told our waitress to keep the change. Our waitress smiled and Meg leaned in for yet another correction of my behavior. She told me in the privacy of my ear that women don't understand dry humor and to knock it off. Strike three and she was OUT! All I did was ask if she thought it was a gender issue? She said she was sure she was right. That was the very minute that Meg became dead to me.. There was no funeral necessary as she burned to death in a roaring fire brought on by telling me how to behave. I'm never going to see that $20 worth off wine or Meg again!
The Dating Guy, Still Looking...
9/2/08

1 comment:

C.A. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.