Thursday, September 25, 2008

Uh Oh, Here Comes the Belching....

I had a day with my former girlfriend, current friend LJ today. Poor girl has been suffering from a bout with food poisoning. She made the terminal error of eating the Caesar dressing made with fresh raw eggs from AJ's. Those eggs had every intention of being fresh when they were prepared, but only the chef knows when that was. I've listened to her suffer for the past few days and truly suffering from the effects of food poisoning. She complained that her stomach was exploding, that both ends were pretty busy all week and yesterday she disclosed to me that there was a belching war going on somewhere within her. She said all of these things while laughing and on occasion would yell and run, then hang up.

Today feeling better, she showed up at my front door around noon, hungry and full of piss and vinegar. First she walked in like she owned the place and went immediately to the living room where she invited Bogie in for a wrestling match. Because he literally loves her, he just melts when she arrives with her silly antics and suddenly becomes HER dog. I could be on fire and Bogie wouldn't bother to lift his leg on me when LJ is around.

We headed out to Desert Ridge and LJ was starving, as usual. She is an example of "I'd rather dress her than feed her". She has an unlimited appetite for a girl with an eating disorder (ED). After her mentioning more than once that she wanted to go to Paradise Bakery, we learned that it was on the other side of the mall and we were parked near Barnes and Noble. Directly across the street from the famous book store was a place called Rock Bottom Brewery. We checked their menu and they had soup, which is what LJ had on her mind.

Initially we were seated next to a 4 top, a booth with 4 people that were loudly talking. I asked if we could move to a quieter booth that was still within this waitresses station. LJ was perturbed, as usual for me wanting to move. She told me that it was grounds for spitting in our food! Their menu was extremely high in prices and we were expecting some pretty good food. I ordered a wrap of some sort and fries on the side, while LJ ordered the French onion soup and fried calamari. She took one sip of her soup and announced she couldn't eat it, it was inferior to anyone's standard and pure salt. Her calamari was mushy and also too bad to eat. I even tried one and made a face. I offered LJ half of my sandwich and she declined. My french fries were reheated or from another customer's plate and I felt compelled to complain to the waitress, who was dry mouthed from spitting in our food. That's when LJ announced "Here comes the belching".

I sat there in shock, not knowing what to say. It was my first time flabbergasted. I didn't even know I could get that way! Did I know her that well and did the years go by without me noticing? Were we the old couple that sits in a restaurant and belches? LJ looked at me with one eye raised and said, "You'd better not blog this"! If you do, I'll never speak with you again.. I just looked at her and said, who me?

Mel
9/25/08

No comments: