Monday, July 20, 2009

New Kid on the Block...

Dippy

Went on a first date last night. Pretty good. The lady's name is Linda, but her screen name was Serendipity and somehow we shortened that to Dippy. Dippy and I spoke on the phone for 3 solid hours and I found that she was interesting, clever, funny and a great listener and yes, I did most of the talking, as usual. Although I'd say we had an almost even mix of conversation. Dippy is a delivery nurse at Scottsdale Osborne and has been a nurse for many years. Here's the problem as I see it. She works 6 twelves, starting at 7 PM and getting off at 7:30 AM, then she's off for 6 days in a row and then one again for 6. I don't know when to call her when she's working, as she has to sleep too. She emails and texts me at 4 AM and I reply at 9 AM and don't hear from her until she's up from her day of sleep. Last night we met for a drink and some appetizers and we talked non-stop for over 4 hours, a new record for a first meeting.

Dippy (Linda) has four children, 3 girls and the baby is a boy, 22 yrs old. She's divorced and owns her own home in Scottsdale. You have to give a lot of credit to a woman that raised 4 children while working full time. She's been single for 12 years and is not pining away after a lost husband.

I've learned from experience that the first thing I look for now is what a woman is wearing. Lately, all of the women that I meet wear Mom jeans. The high waisted ones left over from the 80's. I think you can still get them at Sears. I remember telling you about the nurse that I went out with that wanted to take a shower at my house after first walking in. She wore Granny pants that stuck up about 4 inches above her slacks. I actually asked her what her grandmother was using for panties if she's wearing Granny's! Dippy was wearing white, low rise Capri's and later told me she also has a "tramp stamp", but I'm going to have to wait to see that! It's a tattoo of a heart on her lower back. She got it with her daughters, matching ink.

I'm kind of excited about Dippy, I think we made a strong connection and it should be interesting to see where this leads.. As usual, I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your health must be improving...going from a hospice RN to a baby RN...LOL--good luck!