Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Playing Hooky...

Realtor Chris
Dippy works and lives a weird schedule. If she were a baby, we might say she has her days and nights mixed up. I know that's what we said when our children would sleep all day and be up all night. Last night I went upstairs about 11 PM to start reading my newest book, Cell by Steven King. About 20 pages in, I had no idea what was going on in this crazy book, but I did hear the phone ring downstairs about 11:45, with a sexy woman's voice leaving a message. Instinctively, I bound down the stairs, to see if it were some emergency. The voice said in a raspy sleepy, sexy voice, "I just wanted to see if you were still up". Well, I wasn't up, but I sure could be... Taking the stairs 2 at a time, taking the phone with me, I dialed Dippy's number. We proceeded to have a 3 hour and thirty-two minute conversation that included everything from anger issues to ex-spouses. She finally begged to hang up and try sleeping. I knew I was ready. It was 3:30 AM. Reminiscing, the last time I was up that late was for a pretty good reason and yes, Dippy was there!

I hung up the phone and 13 seconds later I was fast asleep. At 7:45 the phone started singing it's song, but I was too tired to answer. I heard a man's voice rambling about some damned thing and I feared it was another dreaded Real estate agent interrupting my beauty sleep. I've had 4 1/2 hours of sleep, not enough if you asked me, yet plenty according to Chris, the Realtor's plan. Listening to his message, he was coming over and giving me about an hour to wake up and look like reality. When I finally came down the stairs today, showered and shaved, I listened to the message again and realized I had yet another hour before his window of 120 minutes even started. It was between 10 and 12 noon and it was only 9 AM. Oh well....

I was chatting with Dippy when I saw a bald headed young guy cross my landscaping to get to my front door. I HATE when people do that. I told Dippy I would call her back and went to answer the door. There stands this 40ish looking dude, wearing a threadbare Tee shirt and low rise, butt sticking out, jeans. I assumed he was the buyer, how could the Realtor be so irresponsible as to show up for work without caring. Following Chris were his clients. Now get this! Here come these 2 high school kids and I'm guessing about 16 to 18 years old. He was wearing a cap, the type Ringo Starr used to wear when he was a Beatle and white cutoffs. She was terribly young and was dressed in a summer dress and her mom was probably pretty pleased with her attire. They were just KIDS! This house is 3500 Sq. ft and is priced at $440,000 even in this depressed market. How could they be serious about buying this place? I was expecting them to ask if there were many children in the neighborhood so they'd had friends to play with! This trio stayed an amazing 3 minutes showing that they either had no interest or were late for school... I was still on the phone with Dippy when they left and just waved goodbye yelling, "later"..... I could have been sleeping.....

No comments: