Friday, April 30, 2010

In My Afterglow....

As you can see from my last rather confusing post, that I'm sitting in the afterglow of accomplishing what I set out to do. I was smoking my proverbial cigarette and just leaning back, when from nowhere, my cell phone rang and it was an 800 number that had been calling me all day, but each time I'd answered, it was a dialing machine and there was nobody there to answer. Doesn't that just piss you off when it happens on a regular basis? Well, with try number 3, I answered and it was dead as usual, I waited 3 or 4 seconds and a kid with a pre-pubescent voice, still kind of cracking, said hello Mr. Fisher? This is Todd from Qwest calling to confirm your order information. Then he asked me if I had time to listen. Sure Todd, I said. Todd proceeded to recite my pertinent information including name, address, phone number, exact order and exact cost. Now, similar to most young men his age, he was blabbering at about 110 MPH until he got to the end and said, a one time charge of $19.95 for an initiation fee. S-C-R-E-E-C-H....... I turned on the brakes and stopped him! What "one time initiation fee"? It's kind of a fee that says, you've given us your business, now we're going to take every chance we can, to stick it to you. Kind of a thank you for your business, we're going to charge you to let us take your money..

I stopped him dead in his tracks. I told him I wanted him to waive that fee. He explains that he cannot, but my representative could have, but chose not to. Infuriated, I told him I didn't want to buy anything from him, which no doubt was why he was calling. I thought it odd that my rep never tried to sell me anything else, not even the Direct TV that I actually wanted.

My next step was to write an email to Steph Lake, a rather nice lady that commented on my post about "Cox Versus Qwest". I asked her to waive the one time charge of $19.95 that my rep, who evidently hated me, chose to charge. YOU will be the first person I contact when she replies and frankly, I think she's pretty good.

PS. I had to write to Steph using my Blackberry because my cable was out!

No comments: