Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Singles Roulette...

For the past several days, I've been contacted by quite a number of ladies. Some I didn't respond to, others were in my humble opinion borderline and one or two were downright awesome. It is none of them That I write about today. Today is Latisha's turn (not her real name) One day while trolling on one of the websites, I turned off the computer and got an email notice on my phone of a lady saying she read my hilarious profile and thought we'd be a good match. I looked her up on a wider screen and decided I liked her looks and wrote her back. Within a few minutes she was saying, why don't you call me and gave me her number.

I phoned and she answered with a friendly reply asking if I were Robert DeNiro? Naturally I replied, huh? She said she thought I looked like Robert DeNiro and I was flattered, but also realized she was either blind or drunk. Soupy Sales better describes me, so by this point, DeNiro is a welcome relief. One thing that bothered me, was the fact that she was separated, not divorced, so I addressed that topic right off the bat. All that's missing is the judge's signature she told me, but continued to expound on what a violent, ignorant, fat asshole, her soon to be ex-husband was and how she had the police carry him out of her house and life. Now where have I heard that before? Oh yes, from every woman that I ever talk to that's only separated. It is the mistake that I keep on making. We talked for a long, long time. It was Sunday night and she was starting her first day at work the following day and was pretty nervous, but I didn't mention it. We talked for 2 1/2 hours until she finally had to go to bed to be up at 5:30 AM. I neglected to mention she lived in Awatoukee and that's really far from me. She lived in a 3100 Sq. Ft. house that's up for short sale and her payment is $4100 a month. Yikes! Her ex is in construction and hasn't worked in months. Then she lets slip that she really hasn't even filed for divorce yet because the filing fee is $200 and she can't afford it. Now this is not about money, because if anyone knows the problem with our current economy, it's me. I couldn't sell a car for marbles if I were selling it to a marble champ. The car business is at a standstill and we're all waiting for Ben Quayle to go to Washington and kick some butt, lol...

Latisha told me several times that even though I don't know her, she has a lot of class. Now all things being equal, I really hadn't decided anything on Latisha, but so far, I liked her and was wondering if she might be the ONE! At least the next one. She shared with me that she doesn't know where she's going but plans on leaving the area after the divorce smoke has settled and was thinking San Diego or Tucson, where she had lived for 12 years. Things are sounding worse. We hang up and make plans to talk again soon. The following day, I text her good luck on the first day at the job and get no reply. That's okay, she's busy. That evening, I don't call, but email her asking for her email address, so I can send her some other pics of me and my poor deceased dogs and she replies with it and says, let's just meet! Well, I'm open to that and decided to call. I get voicemail. I leave a polite message and about 90 minutes later, she calls back.

She immediately starts telling me about her day and where she was all evening. She met her old girlfriend at a bar and they chatted and were joined by some men that acted out of control and were insisting they all go some where to party. Sounded to me like the average bar where some guys were drunk and wanted to get lucky! I realized 10 minutes into this talk, that Latisha was pretty wasted and kept telling me I didn't understand. I tried to calm her down by explaining that when you go to a bar and men buy you drinks, they expect you to "be" with them until you at least finish your drink and she really should accept that drink if she thinks otherwise. I told her that I don't drink and it's not because I don't know how. She insisted since I don't drink, how would I know (Oh baby, I know)? She insisted again on telling me that she has class and shouldn't be putting up with that sort of behavior. I suggested that she she should have left, in that case. She said she wanted to, but had too much to drink to drive right away...

Conclusion: When I awakened today at about 9AM, there was a voicemail awaiting me from Latisha. I had hoped it was going to be an apology for her out of control conversation the previous evening, but no. She said she wants to meet me tonight after work and since I know the area, to pick a place. Her area is the 101 and Via Linda and I have no idea what's around there, nor do I want to meet her right now. I've never met a lady that had any class, that had to keep telling me she did!

No comments: