Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sara X. XXXXX...

The longer that I'm on these dating services, the more junk I run into. Although I must say that I'm met some virtually charming women, I've also run into some rather odd situations. One lady, after speaking with her for over 2 hours, insisted on calling me with a blocked number. After our long conversation, she was saying goodbye when I reminded her that if we were to speak again, she would have to call me again, as I don't have her number. She acknowledged that to be true and hung up. I was done! If after speaking with me for over two hours, I hadn't impressed upon her that I was one of the good guys, there was no hope for her and I refused further contact.

Last night Sara and I met at an upscale Chinese restaurant in North Scottsdale for dinner. She was about 5 minutes late her usual method of operating, but showed up looking great and she came with a gift. She was wearing really tight jeans, the ones that are slung low on the waist that I'm so fond of and a tight sweater, that showed her in a good light, ahem! She greeted me with a hug, that I wasn't expecting but glad to get and a tin foil wrapped package that she explained were cookies that she and her granddaughter made on Sunday. All I could think to say was, "I didn't get you anything"! She assured me that it was okay. We were seated and started studying the menu for a few minutes and then began a 2 1/2 hour meal. Not because we were eating all of that time, but because our conversation was occupying the evening. I told her about my dentist experience and she was sympathetic and I followed it with my heart event that took place almost 6 years ago. By the time I was finished with her, I noticed she was yawning quite a bit. That's odd, those are 2 of my best stories!

Now we're getting to the part that's a little strange. Sara is anonymous. That's right. We've been together twice now and she's kissed me goodnight both times and is friendly towards me, kind of like she likes me, you know? But will not tell me her last name or her email address or anything about herself that has to do with identity. Her theory is, better safe than sorry. That makes me a threat to her safety. When I got home, I practiced making evil faces in the mirror to try to imagine how she must see me. I even tried the moustache curl along with a sinister laugh, but still didn't feel that I came across as mean. I'm either going to have to work on looking more evil or she's just going to have to give me the information I want. I asked her if we get married, what will I put on the invitations? Mel Fisher and Sara Someone announce their engagement??? That just caused me to take marriage........................ right off the table!

2 comments:

Jules said...

She is wise.... You are a giant pain in the ass with your background checks and such.

Let the woman be a mystery for a change. See how that goes.

You know I love you, right?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you enjoy her company..I can't see why she wouldn't give you her last name. Could it be that there are a lot of cz's or difficult to pronounce?

If I were in the dating game, I'd want to know as much as possible about the datee!
xo sherry