Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flatmates...

For the past 4 years or so, there has been one person in my life as a constant. When the phone rings at about 11 PM, I usually know without looking who is calling. When a mechanical thing in her home stops doing what it's supposed to do, sometimes I get a call about that too. Recently her HOA was hounding her to cut some vines, and my shears are already in my car. When my computer quits computing, she's number one on my list of people to call about recovery services. Whenever a problem arises that I don't want to deal with on my own, she takes charge of the situation. I'm talking about the Lovely Jules, who by the way is responsible for me blogging.

When she saw me going through the trials and tribulations of finding a new residence, she came up with a solution where I could live in a spacious home with a $5 farting dog. She suggested I move in with her! At first we both thought that would be a disaster. We are two people that are pretty set in our ways and like in the case of Superman, we should never upset that delicate balance of history or nature. But the truth be known, we get along remarkably well for 2 people of opposite genders, that are not romantically involved.

The more I thought about it, the more sense it made. For the past 4 years we've been there for each other and now we'll really be THERE for each other. So the announcement that I'm making in this post of "Things I've Left Behind" is that the Lovely Jules (LJ) and I will from now forward, be FLATMATES, <-------Julies choice of terms. God help us!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is an amazing bit of news. I think it's so exciting. Neither will come home to an empty house. You'll always have your friend nearby. And a farting dog. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Jules said...

You HAD to say it was me responsible for your blogging, didn't you?