Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Someone Stole My Box-o-Booze!

If you've been reading this blog, then you're probably aware of the fact that I'm moving out of this dump. I rented it under duress while searching for an entire day for suitable accommodations. I picked it quickly, but never really liked the neighborhood or the house. I particularly disliked the home owner that I rented from. He was just one of those engineer types that had zero personality and a full beard. Big fat fucker too.

If you've been following my life in any possible way, you are probably aware of the fact that I'm a recovered alcoholic. I say "recovered" because I was left a shadow of my former self, lying on a hospital gurney, after open heart surgery. It was on that gurney that I decided to completely stop drinking alcoholic beverages in any way shape or form. It will be 6 years since I made that decision, in a few days, Jan. 23rd.

So when I moved into this dump, I took all of the alcoholic beverages in my house and put them in a cardboard box and stored them in the garage. It felt kind of nice knowing that the booze was out there, yet had no control over me in any way. Proof is that I never noticed when someone, without permission, entered my garage and stole my box-o-booze. Whoever took it, made an excellent choice, because including all of the junk I've stored in boxes, that was my most least proud possession. Actually, if I had found the box in question, my intention was to throw it all away anyhow, creating one box less to move.

So, to my most recent thief, I thank you!

2 comments:

Jules said...

It was me... sorry.

Things I Left Behind said...

You have been stealing stuff from me since 2007, when I met you. When I move in with you, just think of the money you'll save on gasoline for your heists!

Dutch Ovens aka Fish