Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lovely Marcos Island in Florida...

I got an email from a friend a few days ago. He wanted to know if I wanted to go to Marcos Island with him for a mid-winter getaway. He told me how he'd been there with his wife about 2 weeks ago and it was a lovely romantic vacation. While in Florida, he also took his two young children to the theme parks. His kids are 19 and 17 year old boys. This is the same guy that I traveled to Florida with last year to visit our friend Barry, who has been stricken with cancer and in undergoing Chemo currently. As much as I'd like to see Barry, this is what the trip would entail. First he told me he would insist on separate rooms or a suit with 2 separate sleeping rooms, due to my occasional snoring. I tried to explain to him that he also snored and that's what to expect when you invited men to go on vacation with you.

We talked for about 30 minutes since I hadn't spoken with Bruce in quite a while. He had heart surgery about 9 months ago and of course I spoke with him several times around then, but he's been rather heard to tie down since. Suddenly he excused himself from the phone, as he said he had to pee and it was an emergency! Before I could even comment, he was gone for about 3 minutes. When he returned to the phone, he asked if I were still there, that he would have hung up if someone had done that to him. Hmm... just what I was thinking... I haven't had to deal with anything like that since my son was 5! Then he asked me if I were the same way, that suddenly you have to pee and there's no time to waste? I thought about it and noooo...... that's not one of my problems, hello! He continued to describe this romantic vacation for two heterosexual 65 year old men and I was getting more and more disenchanted when suddenly he announced that his son was calling and he'd call me back. He never did and I'm NOT packing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey good for you girl find you a real S----R DA--Y THAT DOES WAN T SE----X ALL THE T--E MAYBE SOMEONE INTO THE LIFE ;) FROM GIRL 69