Friday, June 15, 2012

Introducing the iPhone 4S

It was a sad day in Scottsdale today. The decision was made to eliminate the Blackberry and go with something more into the 21st century. I recently read the Steve Jobs book and was more or less convinced that the iPhone was going to be my next acquisition. This decision was not made frivolously, but I actually called 2 Droid users and got their opinions. They both agreed that the iPhone would be more fun. I actually set out yesterday looking for an AT&T Store that seem to be everywhere when you're not looking for one, but when you are, all you see are "for rent" signs where they used to be.


I parked my car right at the front door, as there was not another customer in sight. I walked in the front door and there stood 3 ready salesmen in the "Striking" position. Why did this seem so familiar and where did I see these 3 young men before. I startled them by yelling, "Who's UP is it"? Just then the youngest of them, about 22 approached me saying, "Are you here to buy a new phone, sir"? I just looked at him for about 5 seconds and said, "No, I'm here to drop off my dry cleaning"! I could see from their confusion that they were not my speed, so I eased up on them and suddenly it occurred to me. These guys I have been seeing all of my life. I didn't recognize them specifically, they they were nothing but a group of "Green Pea" car salesmen that figured out a way to get inside, out of the burning Arizona sun, but that same mentality. All three had name tags and the word manager above it. That same, "I need this sale to make my quota" attitude.


I bought an iPhone 4S, the one that John Malcovich advertises on TV. The phone that tells jokes. I have no idea what I'm doing and I spent the entire afternoon pressing buttons, just to see what happens. I think I was in the voice mail area when suddenly the lady inside of it awakened and said, "Tell me what you're trying to do"! I got so scared, I almost shit my pants. I put it back on the table for about 2 hours before trying it again. If she shows up again, I'm calling the cops! At least I made it to the 21st century.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I have the droid and am waiting till Oct when my term is up and getting the iPhone too. NMS