Sunday, August 5, 2012

I Might Still Get Last Laugh...

Well, I must say that my first experience on eBay was a poor one. First, I didn't do my homework properly and didn't research my item that I was selling. Like I said last time, I didn't want to make a career out of it, I just wanted to sell it for more than the $44 offered to me by the used phone guy. I saw that the lowest that a Blackberry like mine sold for was $132.50, so I priced mine for "Sell it Now" at $135. It sold about 10 minutes after the sale began and the guy tied me up for a week or more and still no payment arrived. I then contested the sale and eBay charged my account for the transaction about $8.25. I was informed by eBay that I could cancel the sale today, due to non-payment and they would eventually refund the $8.25. Then they asked me if I wanted to re-list it and I did. Only this time I opened the bidding at $135 and gave it a $200. "Buy it Now" price. All day nothing happened. No bids. Then at 8 PM our time, Arizona time, I got a notice that it sold for the "Buy it Now" price of $200! Whoop dee Doo! That's a full $65 more than the first time, that the guy walked away from. I LOVE stories with happy endings, don't you? My Blackberry is going to England too, almost in time for the Olympics. I've already been in touch with the new buyer and he's sending payment tomorrow. As soon as I receive it, I'll rush it to the post office for priority mail and he should have it within a few days. The only thing that bothers me is how will my old Blackberry learn the accent in time???

No comments: