Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dear Ann Landers...

"Hello

Well not Betty white... but can you still do the Horizontal Mambo? I'm a very passionate person when the relationship gets to that point. Men age differently so I'm asking. Fair question right? Janine" 

I received the above email this morning on a dating service and frankly, I don't have a clue on how to reply or if I should even reply at all. I read her online profile and in addition, she claims to be a 52 year old nurse, but pretty much covers the same point about sex to the general male population. My question to you kind people is, what if a man were to write a similar email to a lady and how would she receive it?

Dear Janine:

I see that you are divorced, but at the age of 52 many women have gone through menopause and I was wondering if we were to get involved with you, would you still be interested in having sex on a regular basis? I don't want to get involved with someone, spend my money and time on them and then learn that our relationship will only be platonic. That seems a fair question, right?

Dutch (My screen name)

If I were ever to write this to a lady, it would be after we'd met and spent some time together and had spoken at length. I thought this email was personal and invasive and made me like a piece of meat. (Do you think this is a sign of low testosterone?)

I thought of giving her references, but that would be as rude as her email to me.Then I realized I wasn't even attracted to her and gave up the thought completely, but worried that she would think I was impotent by not replying. I certainly thought that by the time I reached the ripe old age of 67, things like this would no longer be a hindrance, but life continues to shock and surprise me. 

My final question is, "Is Ann Landers still in business?"




No comments: